|Position Title:||Research Scientist|
|Department:||Research and Development|
|Reports To:||Director of Research & Development|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Shift:||Monday - Friday 09:00 AM - 05:00 PM|
|Exempt / Non-Exempt:||Exempt|
A Research Scientist is responsible for conducting research, designing and supporting development of new products, and improving existing ones.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Leads design, research, verification and supports development activities of new products or improving existing ones. Products may include human cells and tissue products (from cadaveric or live donation), medical devices, or biologics.
- Design research project’s scientific support based on exhaustive review of peer-reviewed literature, data analysis, and data generation by performing experiments.
- Generally, work independently on research projects and exercise independent thinking and judgment in the absence of established protocols and procedures.
- Design and execute a variety of scientific experiments related to research project by creating, collecting, evaluating, and interpreting statistically significant data. Data must support gate decisions and/or product launch. Experimentation may extend to in-vitro or in-vivo assays in-house or externally sourced.
- Operates, tests, and maintains electronic and scientific test equipment used for research project related tasks.
- Ensure quality and quality control within their assigned research project.
- Maintain a working knowledge of FDA, AATB, ISO, and other regulatory requirements or guidance as deemed appropriate.
- Develop guidelines, operating procedures, forms, protocols, reports, proposals, presentations, verifications, qualification, among other research project related documents.
- Maintains the budget and promotes the general operational efficiency for their assigned research project.
- Communicate and negotiate with various vendors to source and implement testing, equipment, supplies, materials, or other resources to support research project activities.
- Carry out general laboratory, equipment, and material tracking and maintenance of department resources.
- Responsible for research project tracking & reporting, ensuring deliverables are met, timely completion of tasks, along with clear reporting and communication with stakeholders.
- Engage and collaborate with key stakeholders (ex. medical or scientific collaborators) and cross-functional teams to ensure that research projects meet expectations.
- Responsible for all aspects of assigned research projects, and performs all other duties as assigned.
Skills & Abilities:
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, multitasking and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment or independently as needed.
- Excellent solution-driven troubleshooting skills to resolve technical challenges.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Proficient in statistical analysis software (ex. GraphPad).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (ex. Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Ability to plan and carry out experiments, working with complex instrumentation and software.
- Strong responsiveness and flexibility to successfully adapt to changing priorities.
- Self-motivated and detail oriented.
- Ability to meet deadlines timely.
- Ability to travel for company meetings within the United States.
- Must be able to occasionally move or lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to occasionally position self into low or small spaces, such as under a desk.
- Minimum of a master’s degree in a scientific discipline (e.g., biology, bioengineering, biochemistry). Doctoral degree in a scientific discipline preferred (e.g., biology, bioengineering, biochemistry).
- Experience in industry may be considered.
- At least 3 years of relevant laboratory experience.
- At least 3 years of project management experience.
- At least 3 years of relevant research and development and/or product development experience.
- Experience in laboratory practices, academic or industry.
- Experience in technical writing.
- Experience in human cell and tissue products is preferred.
Ability to commute/relocate:
San Antonio, TX 78249: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: On location