|Position Title:||Research Manager|
|Reports To:||Director of Product Research and Development|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Shift:||Monday - Friday 09:00 AM - 05:00 PM|
|Exempt / Non-Exempt:||Exempt|
The Research Manager is responsible for the management of the research laboratory and staff. This includes Laboratory Technicians and Research Scientists. The Research Manager will coordinate activities, provide technical support and expertise, and ensure effective operation of the Research Laboratory.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for laboratory facility management and establishment of laboratory safety standards.
- Manages and assists in the development of the laboratory budget.
- Provides technical expertise in research activities to support the research staff in their assigned projects. This includes providing guidance to Research Scientists in the design of experiments, interpretation of data, troubleshooting, and the development and execution of project deliverables.
- Conduct and schedule training of research staff in laboratory techniques, equipment use, safety practices, or other applicable activities in support of research projects.
- Promote a positive and productive work environment.
- Review and approve research plans to ensure projects deliver on business, marketing, and product development requirements.
- Review and approve research reports, white papers, or journals written in-house or by contract laboratories and consultants.
- Review and approve new guidelines, standard operating procedures, protocols, and forms.
- Ensure research activities are clearly defined to mitigate scope creep.
- Identify deficiencies and challenges that may hinder research or laboratory performance and provide cost-effective solutions.
- Manage consultant activities to maintain research productivity.
- Ensure laboratory upkeep and compliance with laboratory procedures.
- Develop and track research laboratory performance indicators.
- Responsible for care and maintenance of murine colonies and environment.
- Assist in the identification and development of new test methods for research activities.
- Responsible for maintenance and calibration of facility equipment and support systems (ex. gas monitor, humidity monitor).
- Implement supply management processes to maintain laboratory supplies stocked.
- Establish working relationships with new and existing vendors or consultants to source testing, equipment, supplies, materials, or other resources.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant regulatory requirements, peer-reviewed literature, standards, and safety procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to anticipate, troubleshoot, and solve problems.
- Project management skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a timely manner.
- Ability to work in a team environment or independently.
- Experience working with Microsoft programs (ex. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project).
- Experience working with tissue.
- Experience with histological analysis.
- Experience and knowledge of the wound healing cascade preferred.
Education & Experience:
- Master’s degree in a scientific discipline (e.g., Biology, Bioengineering, Biochemistry) required.
- Doctoral degree in scientific discipline (e.g., Biology, Bioengineering, Biochemistry) preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of direct supervision experience with full-time staff required.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant research and laboratory experience required.
- Experience in laboratory management preferred.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.