Processing Technician 2nd shift
|Position Title:||Processing Technician 2nd shift|
|Reports To:||Senior Processing Manager|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Shift:||Monday - Friday 03:00 PM - 12:00 AM|
|Exempt / Non-Exempt:||Exempt|
The fundamental role of a Processing Technician is to be knowledgeable of human tissue product packaging and manufacturing processes. The secondary role is to be knowledgeable in all processes needed to support product manufacturing such as cleaning, sterilization, supply check in and good manufacturing practices. Shift expectations may be revised at management’s discretion with adequate notice. Training schedules may be performed on a first and/or second shift depending on the department’s scheduling needs.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Handle donated tissue storage in appropriate storage locations including unprocessed tissues, work in progress tissues, and tissues processed into final goods.
- Setup and maintain sterile fields for the manufacturing of donated tissues.
- Determine appropriate grafts to be manufactured from donated tissues.
- Ensure manufacturing cleanrooms are maintained.
- Properly clean and disinfect the cleanrooms according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Test cleanroom disinfection bioburden levels with contact plates according to SOP’s.
- Decontaminate, wrap, and autoclave supplies used in the manufacturing of tissues according to standard Operating Procedures.
- Record and document the sterilizing process according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Order, check in and maintain supplies and par levels for manufacturing.
- Maintain manufacturing equipment, including tracking, and required annual calibrations.
- Assist in covering business needs during off hours times such as receiving goods on weekends or responding to environmental condition alarms.
- Assist with distribution orders as needed.
- Perform administrative tasks as needed.
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent attention to detail
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Ability to work in a team environment or independently as needed
- Experience working with Microsoft programs
- Ability to work standing for 8-10 hours.
- Ability to lift 25lbs.
- Ability to document work with legible handwriting.
- High school degree or equivalent
- Previous experience working in a regulated medical environment.