|Position Title:||Processing Supervisor|
|Reports To:||Processing Manager|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Exempt / Non-Exempt:||Exempt|
The fundamental role of a Processing Supervisor by providing proactive technical guidance and equipment support to the processing department. Ensures that the processing staff provides responsive and professional oversight of laboratory equipment, quality systems, safety, and environmental compliance aspects for the processing department. Identifies and supports growth initiatives that align with the strategic business plan for the company.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervises the processing technicians, schedules, time off, and day to day activities.
- Assists processing manager with the day-to-day operations of the section/department which includes: managing personnel, developing and monitoring quality control, quality assurance and proficiency testing programs; developing and evaluating processing methodologies, protocols and techniques; overseeing care, maintenance, and utilization of department equipment, supplies, and inventories.
- Supports processing manager in personnel activities that may include interviewing, work allocation, orientation and training, staff development, problem resolution, evaluating performance (conducts annual feedbacks), making recommendations for personnel actions, and motivating employees to achieve peak performance.
- Performs Validations (new equipment/major repairs/processes/equipment software/equipment moves and modifications).
- Creates, reviews, and manages analytical SOPs and training documents.
- Develop, draft, revise SOPs, training documents, validation/verification plans, test cases, validation/verification summaries and review completed validations.
- Provides guidance including root cause analysis for process variability or equipment reliability issues.
- Functions as the processing liaison and contact person in the absence of the processing manager.
- Attend meetings as required and perform administrative tasks.
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent attention to detail
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Ability to work in a team environment or independently as needed
- Experience working with Microsoft programs
- Ability to work standing for 8-10 hours
- Ability to lift 25lbs
- Adherence to all safety, regulatory, and quality requirements
- Continuous improvement
- Ability to document work with legible handwriting
- Proficient in aseptic technique
- High school degree or equivalent
- CTBS Certification preferred
- At least 2-5 years of experience work in an FDA regulated environment for HCT/P manufacturing environment.
Ability to commute/relocate:
San Antonio, TX 78249: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: On location